Not only are Schüssler-Salts beneficial in humans, but they have also been tested and proven in animals.
Find out which Schüssler-Salts are suitable for dogs:
- No. 11 Silica 12 X – for rough fur
- No. 1 Calcium fluoride 12X – supports teeth, and assists joints, bones and tendons
- No. 8 Sodium chloride 6X – helps with conjunctivitis, dry eyes, or diarrhea and vomiting
The generally recommended dosage:
- Small dogs – 3 tablets a day
- Medium-sized dogs – 6 tablets a day
- Large dogs – up to 10 tablets a day
Tablets are given directly or added to the drinking water.
Nutrition plays an integral part for healthy teeth and caries prophylaxis. And, to be honest, eating is only fun when we are able to chew vigorously. Thus, the motto is: “Health starts in the Mouth – Enjoy your meal!” But what is harmful for the teeth and what makes them strong? What impact do drinks have on dental health and is a vegan diet dentally fit?
Eating and drinking with Brains
Sugar is bad for the teeth; every child knows that. However, not only sweets can harm the teeth but also starchy products such as salt-containing snacks (nuts, chips, etc.) or acidic drinks for example. Those who suss out their eating habits can do a lot for their teeth and gums:
- Chewing crunchy vegetables and whole grain products stimulates the salivary flow which reduces harmful acids
- Drink sufficient sugar-free fluid
- After the consumption of sugar and acidic foods rinse the mouth with water
- Select tooth-friendly sweets
Clever tooth-brushing with MinOral®
A tip for the health-conscious mouth- and tooth hygiene: MinOral® – the toothpaste that nurtures teeth and gums gently, effectively, and naturally.
This is ensured by:
- Selected minerals based on Dr Schüssler’s biochemistry
- Exclusively harmless ingredients
- Gentle cleaning bodies with low abrasion value (RDA)
- Anti-bacterial Xylite for caries prophylaxis
MinOral® refrains from menthol and manages without animal contents or auxiliary materials. This makes the toothpaste ideal for users of Schüssler-Salts, homoeopathic remedies and vegans.
Schüssler-Salts are very suitable for athletes because they not only strengthen ligaments and joints, and ensure better post-workout regeneration, but they can also improve performance.
Whether it’s a beginner or a professional athlete, the following basic mix is recommended:
- No. 3 Ferrum phosphate – improves oxygen supply
- No. 5 Potassium phosphate – responsible for a fast energy intake
- No. 7 Magnesium phosphate – essential for muscle function
Dissolve 10 tablets of each salt in one litre of warm water and drink the mixture in small sips. Best to drink some before training commences and the rest slowly during or afterwards. Keep each sip in the mouth for a few moments; this allows a better absorption via the oral mucosa.
Athletes or people with more than 4 training sessions per week should take additionally one of the following Schüssler-Salts, depending on the type of sport.
- No. 1 Calcium fluoride – for the strengthening of ligaments and tendons (e.g. tennis, gymnastics, combat sport)
- No. 2 Calcium phosphate – for sports with lots of muscle building (e.g. weightlifting, strength training)
- No. 6 Potassium sulphate – suitable for sports with increased oxygen demand (e.g. mountaineering or skiing)
- No. 8 Sodium chloride – types of sport with high perspiration (e.g. football, basketball)
In addition to the tablets, external application of the corresponding creams/lotions also assists after sports.
Advice: Please note that this information cannot substitute a visit to the doctor. For obscure, serious health issues please see your doctor immediately!
Silica is regarded as the ‘beauty’ mineral. What is so special about this tissue salts?
Function in the Body
Silica assists a firm connective tissue and is vital for the growth of skin, hair, and nails.
Occurrence in the Body
As a component of the connective tissue, Silica (silicic acid) is indispensable for the body. It plays a part in the makeup of tissue structures.
Connective Tissue Weakness is caused by an Imbalance
The connective tissue is subject to a constant build-up and breakdown. In order to be able to fulfill its various duties in the organism a balance between the up and down is required. A predominance of breakdown causes reduced elasticity and stability of the connective tissue – simply put, a weakness of the connective tissue. Obvious symptoms are:
- Flaccid skin and wrinkle formation, e.g. the face, décolletage, and upper arms
- Cellulite, spider veins and varicose veins – mainly on upper- and lower legs
- Stretchmarks, e.g. on abdomen and breast
What the Connective Tissue dislikes
- Fast tissue growth (puberty, pregnancy, weight gain)
- Intensive sunbathing
- Hormonal changes (use of contraceptives, pregnancy, menopause)
- Lack of exercise and overweight
- Imbalanced diet – poor in vitamins and minerals
Tips for a strong Connective Tissue
- Healthy and versatile diet: Fresh food and adequate fluid consumption!
- Stimulate your connective tissue: Endurance sport combined with strength training!
- Grant your connective tissue a beauty program: Contrast showers and massages!
- Roll the connective tissue smooth
- External support: Regular care with Biochemic Creams and/or Lotions
The connective tissue can also be supported purposefully and gently from inside. In accordance with Schüssler’s biochemic therapy a combination of selected tissue salts activates the body’s self-regulating forces.
Application & Dosage for tablets/drops and creams/lotions
Please refer to package insert.
Often there is not much time left for an extensive workout in our hectic everyday life. However, minor exercises can easily be incorporated into the daily routine and make for a terrific physical feeling.
For instance, standing still at the bathroom sink in the mornings? You must be joking! Those few minutes are ideal for a little power-exercise. Swing the straight leg alternately forwards and backwards past the standing leg – 3 x 10 repetitions for each leg brings thighs and waist into peak form in a jiffy.
4 min. at breakfast: Invisible, but nevertheless important for the personal well-being – the pelvic floor musculature. Many do not know that it can be trained. And this very easily whilst sitting down. Sit upright on the edge of a chair and pull the perineal muscle inwardly to the bellybutton. Keep the tension for ca. 20 seconds, repeat 10 times.
2 min. early morning exercise: Just a few exercises immediately after getting up jump-start the metabolism for the entire day. Place your hands aback on the edge of the bed, or a chair, lower the buttocks close to the floor and slowly push upwards again – 2 x 10 repetitions with a short break.
Exercises at Noon
4 min. at your desk: Those who sit a lot run the risk of an ‘office pouch’. This quick intermittent exercise assists: Sit upright, prop up the arms on the desk (or for the advanced person on the thighs) and lift the bent knees off the floor. Keep the legs in the air for 10 seconds, repeat 6 times.
4 min. during lunch break: For flexibility, the spine needs to be stretched regularly. Sit on a chair and look straight ahead. Then twist alternately left and right so that you can grab the back of the chair with both hands and look to the back. Hold for approximately 15 seconds each time and repeat 10 times. This caters for a slim waistline.
90 sec. at the supermarket: Shopping or exercising? Why not combine both. Whilst pushing the shopping trolley both arm- and chest muscles can easily be trained. Place hands against the outside of the handle and then push apart against the side parts. Keep the tension for 20 seconds, loosen, repeat 3 times.
Exercises in the Evening
2 min. on the couch: Little exercises can easily be incorporated on the couch at night. Lay on your back, pull one leg to your chest, curl your back, and slowly lift and lower the other leg stretched. Already 2 x 30 repetitions a day with each leg conjures a flat tummy in no time.
2 min. when cooking: No need to forego some exercise here and there in the kitchen. Hold on to a chair or workbench, put your weight on one straight leg and slowly raise the other leg backwards. 2 x 20 repetitions on each side, nothing stands in the way for taut buttocks.
2 min. before going to bed: You should not boost your pulse shortly before going to bed. But relaxing yoga exercises also keep the body fit. Lay on your back and place your legs at a 90-degree angle against the wall. This is an excellent stretch and stimulates the lymphatic flow.
Nowadays, more and more people suffer from allergies, unfortunately also many children. There are lots of elicitors: For one thing animal hair or house dust mites, for another thing pollen, mould, metals and cosmetics, as well as some foods etc. At that our immune system reacts to foreign protein and releases histamine which then causes allergic reactions.
Not only are Schüssler-Salts able to alleviate suffering but they can also be used as a prevention, and this completely natural and without side-effects. Here the most essential salts are:
No. 2 Calcium phosphate 6X – This salt can be used in a short time in allergies and causes a reduced histamine distribution.
No. 4 Potassium chloride 6X – This salt helps to bring swollen mucous membranes down and has a detoxifying effect.
No. 8 Sodium chloride 6X – This salt is used especially for hey fever.
No. 10 Sodium sulphate 6X – This salt boosts detoxification.
However, it is always recommended to consult a qualified therapist.
Get to know Schüssler-Salts
Schüssler-Salts allow for an individual, holistic, and free from side effects therapy to maintain good health and ease afflictions.
In accordance with the teachings of Dr Schüssler, tissue salts stimulate the vital mineral exchange in the cells. They give targeted signals to the cells with mineral deficiencies. Thus, the mineral metabolism gets activated, balanced and the functionality of the cells is restored. Due to the (homoeopathic) potentisation the tissue salts are quickly absorbed via the oral mucosa.
Perfect for all who want to become acquainted with the Schüssler-Salts Therapy
Dr Schüssler defined 12 basic mineral salts. Each salt has a particular function and is purposefully deployed for specific organs and tissues. Depending on the problems, Schüssler-Salts can be taken individually and also in combination.
Some indications for their use:
- You want to get through the cooler season well prepared? Take Schüssler-Salt No. 3 Ferrum phosphate, the salt for the Immune System
- You are looking for the mineral salt for the Skin, Hair and the Connective Tissue? No. 11 Silica is the remedy of choice.
- You want to pay attention to the centre of your body? The combination of tissue salts No. 7 Magnesium phosphate, No. 8 Sodium chloride and No. 10 Sodium sulphate comply with your need.
- Fresh into spring time, is your goal? ‘Active Metabolism’ with tissue salts No. 4 Potassium chloride, No. 8 Sodium chloride, No. 9 Sodium phosphate and No. 10 Sodium sulphate is the right combination.
“Health is not Everything, but without Health everything is Nothing!”
Nowadays, many people are anxious to take a holistic approach to their health – starting with the diet and adequate physical exercise.
However, a balanced mineral metabolism is also a good prerequisite.
The immune system is responsible for the preservation of our health, and protects us all year round against bacteria and viruses.
Read how the immune defense secures our well-being. Our Immune System
Schüssler-Salt No. 3 Ferrum phosphate has a stake in the Immune System and cares for a good oxygen absorption in the body. Continue reading Decisive for the Health: Our Immune System