Schüssler-Salts are very suitable for athletes because they not only strengthen ligaments and joints, and ensure better post-workout regeneration, but they can also improve performance.
Whether it’s a beginner or a professional athlete, the following basic mix is recommended:
- No. 3 Ferrum phosphate – improves oxygen supply
- No. 5 Potassium phosphate – responsible for a fast energy intake
- No. 7 Magnesium phosphate – essential for muscle function
Dissolve 10 tablets of each salt in one litre of warm water and drink the mixture in small sips. Best to drink some before training commences and the rest slowly during or afterwards. Keep each sip in the mouth for a few moments; this allows a better absorption via the oral mucosa.
Athletes or people with more than 4 training sessions per week should take additionally one of the following Schüssler-Salts, depending on the type of sport.
- No. 1 Calcium fluoride – for the strengthening of ligaments and tendons (e.g. tennis, gymnastics, combat sport)
- No. 2 Calcium phosphate – for sports with lots of muscle building (e.g. weightlifting, strength training)
- No. 6 Potassium sulphate – suitable for sports with increased oxygen demand (e.g. mountaineering or skiing)
- No. 8 Sodium chloride – types of sport with high perspiration (e.g. football, basketball)
In addition to the tablets, external application of the corresponding creams/lotions also assists after sports.
Advice: Please note that this information cannot substitute a visit to the doctor. For obscure, serious health issues please see your doctor immediately!