Menstrual problems can burden women in everyday life, especially when they are accompanied by abdominal cramps, back pain, or irritability. Schüssler-Salts have proven to be very helpful, as they are able to relieve afflictions naturally and without side-affects.
- Magnesium phosphate reduces nerve impulses to the musculature. Thus, a lack of Magnesium phosphate can cause cramps and colic in the hollow organs (stomach, intestine, bladder, gall)
- Generally, Magnesium phosphate is regarded as the anti-convulsive and analgesic remedy in the range of Schüssler-Salts
- It has a relaxing effect on nerves
- As a pain killer, it improves all pain that are piercing, sharp, or convulsive, and that relieve with warmth and pressure
- A Magnesium phosphate deficiency creates dysfunctions in the nerve cells of muscle fibers, resulting in painful spasms as they are no longer able to move rhythmically
- It has a harmonizing effect on the circadian rhythm, whilst assisting falling asleep at night and perking up in the morning
No. 2 Calcium phosphate promises additional assistance in convulsive pain.
- As Calcium phosphate is a warming salt, it releases muscle tensions and boosts circulation
- It eases long-running muscle cramps that are difficult to loosen
- It has a calming effect on the nervous system, thus it assists in trouble falling asleep
- It is an essential tonic and reduces excessively degrading metabolic processes
The Inflammation Pattern
Dr Schüssler allocated three salts likewise to the three phases of an inflammation. The stages help you to easily find the appropriate mineral according to the health problem. The procedure in accordance with the stages of inflammation is recommended in all acute afflictions, for instance a cut, insect bite, a cold, or even an upset stomach after spoiled food.
Symptoms of an Inflammation
These four classic signs represent every inflammation:
In case of internal problems these symptoms are only felt, they are not visible. However, the thumb of rule is that every acute process, not only on the skin but also inside the body exhibits these inflammatory signs.
First Stage – No. 3 Ferrum phosphate 12X
This salt is applicable for acute affliction with redness, swelling, pain, and heat – e.g. wounds, injuries, burns, insect bites, and all coughs and sneezes.
Second Stage – No. 4 Potassium chloride 6X
The second phase shows with constipation, and blood coagulation in wounds. In case of mucositis (nose, throat, stomach) clear symptoms appear that indicate inflammation. Sometimes the transition of the two stages are fluent, therefore it is recommended to take minerals No. 3 and 4 in alternation.
Tip: Use No. 4 cream externally for injuries, swellings, and contusions once the 1. stage of inflammation is over.
Third Stage – No. 6 Potassium sulphate 6X
With an ideal proceeding of the inflammatory phases, the third stage completes the healing process. the body evacuates dead cells and pathogens with the pus and new skin and mucous membrane is formed. However, when this process stagnates, e.g. noticeable on badly healing skin or pus, yellow phlegm, the body requires tissue salt No. 6 Potassium sulphate.
Tip: Ulcerations in the sinus cavities – with or without the involvement of the ears – rub in No. 6 cream on the nasal mucous membrane (indurations come loose, everything can drain off and heal).
If you want to lose weight you should focus above all on regular exercise and a healthy, calorie-conscious diet. But it often happens that success in losing weight fails or weight reduction stagnates. One reason could be the lack of essential mineral salts, which can slow down metabolism or cause hunger attacks.
Find out which Schüssler-Salts compensate the deficiency and may support you in weight-loss:
- No. 3 Ferrum phosphate 12X – Has a stimulating effect on the metabolism, cleansing effect on the blood, and strengthens the muscles.
- No. 4 Potassium chloride 6X – Soothes ravenous hunger, assists the body in the decomposition of toxins and waste products, and strengthens circulation.
- No. 5 Potassium phosphate 6X – Well suited to support nerves, blood and connective tissue, and for the general strengthening of the body.
- No. 7 Magnesium phosphate 6X – Generally loosening and relieving effect on body and soul. It also benefits digestion, in so far that it helps with a moderate approach to eating and the acceptance of the new dietary situation.
- No. 9 Sodium phosphate 6X – Releases acids from the tissue and thus has a de-acidifying effect on the entire body. Negative thoughts are also “dispersed”.
- No. 10 Sodium sulphate 6X – Has a stimulating effect on the excretory organs such as liver, kidney, large intestine and gall. This provides for an optimal support in the excretion of “superfluities”.
3- to 6-weeks Intensive Treatment with Schüssler-Salts
One option to enhance successful weight-loss is the following three to six weeks course of treatment:
To begin the treatment, so best in the morning of the day when starting this three to six weeks course of treatment, prepare yourself a hot Schüssler drink (similar to the “Hot 7”). Place 3 tablets of each of No. 4 Potassium chloride, No. 9 Sodium phosphate and No. 10 Sodium sulphate in a cup and top up with hot water. Allow tablets to completely dissolve then slowly sip the drink, whilst keeping each sip in the mouth for a few moments. This allows a better absorption via the oral mucosa.
This way your body receives a high dose of supportive minerals straight from the beginning.
From this day onward, for three days, take one tablet of each Schüssler-Salts No. 4, No. 9 and No. 10 – six times a day for (= 6 tablets of each). Tablets should be allowed to dissolved in the mouth, and after each administration make sure to drink a glass of water to ensure easy excretion of released toxins.
After the first three days take one tablet of No. 4 Potassium chloride, No. 9 Sodium phosphate and No. 10 Sodium sulphate each day for the following three to six weeks (depending how long your personal course of treatment should last).
Schüssler-Salts No. 3 Ferrum phosphate, No. 5 Potassium phosphate and No. 7 Magnesium phosphate can be administered according to your individual needs.
For an enhanced weight-loss success and as a supplementation, it is recommended to use Schüssler-Cream/Lotion No. 1 Calcium fluoride externally. Apply this cream to your problem areas both at night before going to bed and in the morning after getting up – massage the cream/lotion into the areas until fully absorbed by the skin.
It is very important to drink plenty of water for the accruing toxins to be excreted from the body!
Please consider that this information cannot replace a visit to the doctor. For obscure, serious health issues please visit a doctor immediately!
Minerals are vital for our body and well-being. They are required for the control of many biochemical processes, invaluable for cell structures and information brokerage amongst cells. Each mineral occurs in certain areas of the body.
Find out what suits you. No matter if skin, hair or nerves – this short profile briefs you on your individual Schüssler-Salt.
No. 1 Calcium fluoride – The Salt for Connective Tissue, Joints and Skin
Calcium fluoride is vital for the skin, tendons, ligaments, muscles, blood vessels and nails. It gives the tissue the necessary elasticity and firmness.
No. 2 Calcium phosphate – The Salt for Bones and Teeth
Calcium phosphate is also referred to as the ‘bone salt’ amongst the Schüssler-Salts.
No. 3 Ferrum phosphate – The Salt for the Immune System
Ferrum phosphate has a stake in the immune system and takes care of a good oxygen absorption in the body.
No. 4 Potassium chloride – The Salt for the Mucous Membranes
Potassium chloride occurs regulative in the mucous membranes of airways and urinary passages, gastrointestinal tract as well as joints.
No. 5 Potassium phosphate – The Salt for Nerves and Mind
Potassium phosphate is regarded as a nutrient for the nerves. It plays a vital part in the preservation of the cellular membrane resting potential.
No. 6 Potassium sulphate – The Salt for Purification
Potassium sulphate supports the body in breakdown and excretion of excessive ballast.
No. 7 Magnesium phosphate – The Salt for Muscles and Nerves
Magnesium phosphate takes part in the muscle activity. It is essential for the transmission of nerve impulses. Therefore it also has a share in natural sleep.
No. 8 Sodium chloride – The Salt for the Fluid Balance
Sodium chloride is important for the regulation of the fluid balance in the body; the osmotic balance, as well as the membrane stability of cells and tissues.
No. 9 Sodium phosphate – The Salt for the Metabolism
Sodium phosphate is required for the maintenance of the Acid-Base-Balance in the body. It stimulates the metabolism.
No. 10 Sodium sulphate – The Salt for Inner Cleansing
Sodium sulphate is regarded as the remedy for drainage amongst the Schüssler-Salts. It occurs in the emunctories, where it assists the body in exuding excess fluid.
No. 11 Silica – The Salt for Hair, Skin and Connective Tissue
Silica is regarded as the mineral for beauty. It tightens the connective tissue and is essential for the growth of skin, hair and nails.
No. 12 Calcium sulphate – The Salt for the Joints
Calcium sulphate is a natural component of the joints. It also occurs in the emunctories.
Schüssler-Salts are gentle, but effective assistants when suffering from PMS.
Many women suffer from Premenstrual Syndrome. Various symptoms include abdominal pain, headaches, tension in the breasts, irritability, sadness, and food cravings. The reason are hormonal imbalances with too much progesterone.
Do you feel addressed? The following Schüssler-Salts can assist:
No. 25 Aurum chloratum natronatum – for Depression and Sleeping disorders
No. 3 Ferrum phosphate – in case of Severe Afflictions – additionally to No. 7 Magnesium phosphate
No. 5 Potassium phosphate – to strengthen the Nerves
No. 7 Magnesium phosphate – counteracts Cramps and Voracious Appetite
No. 8 Sodium chloride – for an equalized Fluid Balance
Help with Problems on Hot Days & Tips against Heat
High temperatures make it difficult to stabilize circulation. Find out how to keep a cool head on hot days and manage circulation problems in hot weather.
In summer, especially on extremely hot days, many people experience circulatory problems. The cause is simple: When it’s too hot, our body’s cooling mechanism is overwhelmed and reacts with symptoms such as dizziness, headache, perspiration and low blood pressure. These symptoms should never be ignored! Usually, sweating helps to cool down. But even our body’s own air conditioner has its limits in certain temperatures and we perspire too much and thus lose too many nutrients – the eternal battle with the circulation starts.
So that you are fit in summer and the heat doesn’t bother you, here are a few tips for a stable circulation in high temperatures.
The best Tips for a steady Circulation on Hot Days
- Drink at least between three and four litres of water each day, because you lose more water than usual through heat and lots of perspiration.
- Too heavy meals also put a strain on the body, thus delicious salads with lots of vitamins are terrific meals. In addition, avoid alcohol, as this further extracts fluid and minerals
- Air only mornings and night, when it is still cool. During the day keep blinds, curtains closed to keep the sun out. And, breathable clothing made of natural fibres also helps to stay cool.
- Avoid severe physical efforts like sports, as this increases the body temperature.
- Tip for Emergencies: Application of ice cold water to the wrists or a cold foot bath chills down the body and caters for a clear head. When nothing helps the only solution is: Go to the pool and chill.
Tooth decay, or caries, not only infects adult teeth but unfortunately, milk teeth in children are also often affected.
In addition to the inevitable visit to the dentist, the following Schüssler-Salts have a positive effect on the dental enamel and the nature of the mucous membrane of the oral cavity. Therefore, they can therefore counteract tooth decay.
Salts can easily be taken in form of tablets, drops, or globules – always dissolve minerals in the mouth.
Oral hygiene is paramount.
- Don’t go to bed without brushing your teeth – Brushing before bed gets rid of the germs and plaque that accumulate throughout the day. Brush at least twice a day.
- Brush properly – Move the toothbrush in gentle, circular motions to remove plaque.
- Don’t neglect your tongue – Gently brush your tongue every time you brush your teeth.
- Use a fluoride toothpaste – While fluoride has come under scrutiny by those worried about how it impacts other areas of health, this substance remains a mainstay in oral health. This is because fluoride is a leading defence against tooth decay. It works by fighting germs that can lead to decay, as well as providing a protective barrier for your teeth.
- Flossing – Flossing once a day is usually enough to reap these benefits.
- Consider a mouthwash – Ask your dentist for specific mouthwash recommendations. Certain brands are best for children, and those with sensitive teeth.
- Drink plenty of water – Water is the best beverage for your overall health — including oral health. Also, as a rule of thumb, it is recommended to drink water after every meal. This can help wash out some of the negative effects of sticky and acidic foods and beverages in between brushes.
- Eat crunchy fruits and vegetables – Eating fresh, crunchy produce not only contains more healthy fibre, but it’s also the best choice for your teeth.
- Limit sugary and acidic foods – Ultimately, sugar converts into acid in the mouth, which can then erode the enamel of your teeth. These acids are what lead to cavities. Acidic fruits, teas, and coffee can also wear down tooth enamel. No need to avoid such foods altogether, but it doesn’t hurt to be mindful.
- See your dentist at least twice a year
Just like in adults, Schüssler-Salts can also be taken supportingly by children for various illnesses and afflictions, and this is completely without side-effects.
For growing pains and teething problems, No. 2 Calcium phosphate 6X is recommended.
When the child is suffering from belly ache and wind, the ‘first-aid-remedy’ for those situations is No. 7 Magnesium phosphate 6X – prepared as a “Hot 7” as Magnesium phosphate has an antispasmodic and pain-relieving effect.
‘Hot 7’ – For children under the age of 12, instead of the normal dose of 10 tablets, dissolve only 5 tablets in hot water.
In case of fever, the following salts are recommended:
- No. 3 Ferrum phosphate 12X – First-Aid-Remedy in biochemistry – for all inflammations and fever up to 38.5 degrees Celsius
- No. 5 Potassium phosphate 6X – Fever above 38.5 degrees Celsius
However, when symptoms do not improve or even get worse, it is imperative to consult with your doctor!
Those who want to add Schüssler-Salts to their home remedy kit do not necessarily have to stock all of the 12 tissue salts for basic provision.
Here is a list of Schüssler-Salts that however should NOT be absent:
No. 2 Calcium phosphate 6X (tablets/drops/cream) assists with pain, and is also beneficial for children who are suffering from growing-, or teething pain. Due to its relaxing effect it is well suited when having trouble falling asleep (together with No. 7 Magnesium phosphate).
Cell salt No. 3 Ferrum phosphate 12X (tablets/drops/cream) fights first signs of a cold, and caters for a therapeutic relaxation in stressful times.
Tissue-Salt No. 5 Potassium phosphate 6X (tablets/drops/cream) is vital for the brain-, nerve-, and muscle cells. It is regarded as the nutrient for our nerves, secures energy provision, and guarantees transmission of nerve impulses.
With salt No. 7 Magnesium phosphate 6X (tablets/drops/cream) is recommended for all kinds of aches and pain, e.g. menstrual problems, abdominal pain, headaches, or muscle pain after sports – favorably used in form of “Hot Seven”
Schüssler-Salt No. 8 Sodium chloride 6X (tablets/drops/cream) regulates the fluid balance and helps in diarrhea or constipation. Last but not least, it is beneficial for dry skin.
If Schüssler was still alive he would celebrate his 200th birthday on 21st August. It is thanks to him that we are able to draw on his Mineral Therapy and support our physical and psychological well-being today.
The discovery and currency of Schüssler-Salts over 130 years ago is owed to three further scientists besides Dr Schüssler. The annals already start well before 1873…
From Research of the Cell to the Holistic Therapy
These four scientists laid the foundation of today’s natural medicine with Schüssler-Salts.
Professor Dr Rudolf Virchow (1821 – 1902)
The pathologist at the Charité in Berlin explored the smallest unit in the human body – the Cell. In 1858 he made the revolutionary discovery of “Cellular Pathology”, which implies that diseases are due to dysfunctions of the cells. This insight cast doubt on the entire medicinal knowledge. It lead to a new perception of disease and healing. This was the basis of Dr Schüssler’s Mineral Therapy.
Jacob Molschott (1822 – 1893)
The Dutch psychologist ascertained the importance of mineral salts for the function of the human organism. Amongst others he dwelt upon the research of the metabolism and accomplished essential contributions to blood physiology of the human being. In his work “Cycle of Life” he referred to the power and effect of mineral salts in the natural cycle of nature.
Dr Wilhelm Heinrich Schüssler (1821 – 1898)
The doctor and homoeopath developed his new therapy from the knowledge of the cell and the importance of the mineral salts. He was impressed by the insights of Rudolf Virchow – he was in particular fascinated by the connection between disturbed cell functions and illnesses. Following his own research, he founded the mineral therapy, named after him, which he called “Biochemistry”.
Dr Willmar Schwabe (1839 – 1917)
During Schüssler’s time, the pharmacist and scientist Willmar Schwabe already produced mineral salts of the highest quality for a large clientele. Thus he laid the foundation for the standardisation of high-quality compounding.
The TWELVE vital Minerals
Mineral salts are vital for our body. They are required for numerous biochemic processes, are indispensable for the cell structure and information brokerage from cell to cell.
Find out which is the most suitable mineral for you in this short profile.
No. 1 Calcium fluoride 12X – The Salt of Connective Tissue, Joints and Skin
No. 2 Calcium phosphate 6X – The Salt of Bones and Teeth
No. 3 Ferrum phosphate 12X – The Salt of the Immune System
No. 4 Potassium chloride 6X – The Salt of Mucous Membranes
No. 5 Potassium phosphate 6X – The Salt of Nerves and Psyche
No. 6 Potassium sulphate 6X – The Salt of Purification
No. 7 Magnesium phosphate 6X – The Salt of Muscles and Nerves
No. 8 Sodium chloride 6X – The Salt of Fluid Balance
No. 9 Sodium phosphate 6X – The Salt of Metabolism
No. 10 Sodium sulphate 6X – The Salt of Inner Cleansing
No. 11 Silica 12X – The Salt of Hair, Skin and Connective Tissue
No. 12 Calcium sulphate 6X – The Salt of the Joints
Listen to your Body
We all know – Sometimes we feel imbalanced. One reason could be that our metabolism got mixed up. Mineral Therapy according to Dr Schüssler focuses on the natural functions of our body and is able to support the realignment of our physical and psychological well-being.
A healthy lifestyle does not only incorporate adequate exercise, balanced diet, sufficient regeneration, or meditation. Health is not only the absence of pain and disease, but includes our entire physical and emotional well-being. But nevertheless we sometimes demand far more of our body than it is used to or in fact is good. For instance prolonged sitting or stress at work, poor diet, too little or even too much training, etc.
Why don’t we think more sustainable where our body and health is concerned? By tuning into the first signals one is able to strengthen one’s forces and therefore not only treat symptoms but at the same time the cause of health problems. However, a vital aspect is an optimal mineral metabolism in the cells. Because: A functional and healthy cell metabolism reflects in our entire personality.
Sometimes the mineral metabolism and thus the body’s own equilibrium gets muddled. We can either ride the low out, or actively counteract by assisting the body in its self-healing process.
This is exactly the principle of Dr Schüssler-s Mineral Therapy – It brings the body with its natural functions into focus, aims at its strengthening and the stimulation of the organism’s self-healing forces. And this simply can be achieved with the 12 Mineral Salts.